WHAT WE DO
Extra Space Storage
The NPD Group
San Mateo Public Library
Cabela's is the world's foremost outfitter for hunting, fishing and outdoor gear. As the company looked to the future and a pending IPO, management needed to better understand Cabela's audiences, what the Cabela's brand meant to them, and how to develop a marketing strategy that would maintain the company's growth and leadership in the face of ever increasing competition.
What We Did
- Conducted a comprehensive brand assessment, including management, customer and partner interviews and detailed retail audits to better understand the overall Cabela's brand experience
- Developed a new positioning for the brand around the concepts of "authenticity" and the Cabela's "sporting way of life"
- Performed quantitative segmentation research to better identify and understand Cabela's varied audiences
- Documented the new brand positioning and its key touchpoints in a brand architecture book
- Management has a more thorough and organized understanding of the Cabela's brand from both an internal and external perspective
- The marketing team has a detailed guide on how to express the new brand positioning through the various customer touchpoints (website, retail and catalog)
- Cabela's is now using the segmentation study to implement highly targeted marketing campaigns that are growing existing markets and expanding into new ones
Loyola Marymount University
San José State University